new GxSVT.lv2

Hermann Meyer
Hi

As a follow up of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=17031&p=81070#p81070
<https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=17031&p=81070#p81070>
I like to announce GxSVT.lv2 here.
After a couple of issues been solved, I like to push this simulation to
the stable GxPlugins.lv2 branch.
So, you ask what is it?
Well, it's a analogue simulation of the bright channel from the (*)Ampeg
SVT Bass Preamp, the 61XX series.
Additional I've added a (selectable) Cabinet simulation circuit which
simulate the Mesa Bogie V-Twin cabinet, of course, not really a bass
cabinet, but I've tweaked it a bit to behave like a 4x10 Celestion.

So, you ask, what, what the hell I've to do with this?
It's simple, as a open source developer, I depend on your feedback,
otherwise, I may get lost between development circles.
Right now, I'm very proud about this plug, and I believe I've nailed it,
but maybe, I'm wrong. That's what I like to know, am I wrong?
Tell me, don't be shy :)

Okay, here the observe sreeny:
Image

A, yea, the source you'll get here:
https://github.com/brummer10/GxSVT.lv2

regards
hermann

(*)Other product names modeled in this software are trademarks of their
respective companies that do not endorse and are not associated or
affiliated with this simulation. Ampeg is trademark or trade name of
other manufacturer and was used merely to identify the product whose
sound was reviewed in the creation of this product. All other trademarks
are the property of their respective holders.'

Re: new GxSVT.lv2

tweed
On Sat, 6 May 2017 17:39:17 +0200
Hermann Meyer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> As a follow up of this thread:
> viewtopic.php?f=48&t=17031&p=81070#p81070
> <https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=17031&p=81070#p81070>
> I like to announce GxSVT.lv2 here. After a couple of issues been
> solved, I like to push this simulation to the stable GxPlugins.lv2
> branch. So, you ask what is it?
> Well, it's a analogue simulation of the bright channel from the
> (*)Ampeg SVT Bass Preamp, the 61XX series.
> Additional I've added a (selectable) Cabinet simulation circuit which
> simulate the Mesa Bogie V-Twin cabinet, of course, not really a bass
> cabinet, but I've tweaked it a bit to behave like a 4x10 Celestion.
>
> So, you ask, what, what the hell I've to do with this?
> It's simple, as a open source developer, I depend on your feedback,
> otherwise, I may get lost between development circles.
> Right now, I'm very proud about this plug, and I believe I've nailed
> it, but maybe, I'm wrong. That's what I like to know, am I wrong?
> Tell me, don't be shy :)
>
> Okay, here the observe sreeny:
> Image
>
> A, yea, the source you'll get here:
> https://github.com/brummer10/GxSVT.lv2
>
> regards
> hermann
>
> (*)Other product names modeled in this software are trademarks of
> their respective companies that do not endorse and are not associated
> or affiliated with this simulation. Ampeg is trademark or trade name
> of other manufacturer and was used merely to identify the product
> whose sound was reviewed in the creation of this product. All other
> trademarks are the property of their respective holders.'

Hermann,
I've never owned an Ampeg bass amp so I can't speak to the "nailing it"
part but, damn this rocks!  Thank you for this lv2 plug!  It will
definitely be a part of my guitarix bass setup.  Thank you!