pajackconnect v1.0 released

Hermann Meyer
I just noticed to day that I never have done a proper release for
pajackconnect.

I use it since 3 years every day, mostly without notice it at all.

Today I receive a contribution which fix some (small, but well worth to
fix) issues, that reminds me

to go and make a release.

https://github.com/brummer10/pajackconnect/releases/tag/v1.0

 From the README:

> Make JACK Work With PulseAudio
>
> This script is intended to be invoked via QjackCtl to start up and
> shut down JACK on a system running PulseAudio. It handles the
> necessary setup to make the two work together, so PulseAudio clients
> get transparently routed through JACK while the latter is running, or
> if pulseaudio is suspend by pasuspender, do nothing
>
> Usage: in QjackCtl’s Settings window, in the “Options” tab, enter the
> command
>
> pajackconnect start &
>
> in the field labelled “Execute script after Startup”, and put
>
> pajackconnect stop &
>
> in the field labelled “Execute script on Shutdown”.
>
> pajackconnect reset &
>
> in the field labelled “Execute script after Shutdown”.
>
> for use jack without pulseaudio, add in Qjackctl setting window in the
> serverpath field 'pasuspender -- ' before 'jackd', save settings as
> "No Pulse" for example. Remove 'pasuspender -- ', and save settings as
> 'Pulse'. Now you can select from the Qjackctl setting window, if you
> would start jack with or without pulse.
>
> To make it work after suspend, the file resume-fix-pulseaudio.service
> needs to be installed and enabled. If you use the debian package, the
> package installer handle that for you.

Re: pajackconnect v1.0 released

Christopher Arndt
Am 23.03.20 um 13:29 schrieb Hermann Meyer:
> I just noticed to day that I never have done a proper release for
> pajackconnect.
>
> I use it since 3 years every day, mostly without notice it at all.

I notice that you use the output of 'pacmd list' in your script. This is
prone to failure if the user has a different locale than the default
English.

It is therefor advisable to prefix these invocations with 'LC_ALL=C' or,
probably even safer, to just call 'export LC_ALL=C' at the top of your
script.

Chris

Am 23.03.20 um 18:55 schrieb Christopher Arndt:

> Am 23.03.20 um 13:29 schrieb Hermann Meyer:
>> I just noticed to day that I never have done a proper release for
>> pajackconnect.
>>
>> I use it since 3 years every day, mostly without notice it at all.
> I notice that you use the output of 'pacmd list' in your script. This is
> prone to failure if the user has a different locale than the default
> English.
>
> It is therefor advisable to prefix these invocations with 'LC_ALL=C' or,
> probably even safer, to just call 'export LC_ALL=C' at the top of your
> script.
>

> Chris

I may consider that, but I've tested it with several locale settings,
including ru and in any case, I found what I'm looking for.

regards

hermann