sample browser

rosea.grammostola
Hi,

Is there some kind of handy browser for a sample library which is also
able to play the samples via JACK?

I'm trying mocp now, but it seems to jump to the next sample automatically.

https://github.com/jonsafari/mocp

\r

Re: sample browser

Chuck Martin
On Tue, May 05, 2020 at 12:24:08PM +0200, rosea.grammostola wrote:
> Is there some kind of handy browser for a sample library which is also able
> to play the samples via JACK?
>
> I'm trying mocp now, but it seems to jump to the next sample automatically.
>
> https://github.com/jonsafari/mocp

From within mocp, "X" (without the quotes) toggles AutoNext off.  You
can also do it from the command line by adding "-O AutoNext=no" to the
mocp command, or you can disable this behavior permanently by adding
"AutoNext=no" to ~/.moc/config (create this file if it doesn't already
exist).

Chuck

Re: sample browser

rosea.grammostola

On 5/7/20 10:27 AM, Chuck Martin wrote:

>  From within mocp, "X" (without the quotes) toggles AutoNext off.  You
> can also do it from the command line by adding "-O AutoNext=no" to the
> mocp command, or you can disable this behavior permanently by adding
> "AutoNext=no" to ~/.moc/config (create this file if it doesn't already
> exist).

thx, mocp does it for me atm.

Fyi: found this in 'the archives':

https://github.com/ayyi/Samplecat

Re: sample browser

Atte
I started working on a command line, python/curses based sample browser:

Note:
1) I know next to nothing about curses, the curses code is from some file browser example I found online
2) It only does playback, opening in external editor and "marking" (marked files will be printed on exit)
3) I have lots of ideas to implement, need to hack more curses to get there
4) Code is ugly, pull requests accepted!

Cheers
Atte

On 6/9/20 11:42 AM, Atte Jensen wrote:

> I started working on a command line, python/curses based sample browser:
> https://github.com/attejensen/sample_browser
>
> Note:
> 1) I know next to nothing about curses, the curses code is from some
> file browser example I found online
> 2) It only does playback, opening in external editor and "marking"
> (marked files will be printed on exit)
> 3) I have lots of ideas to implement, need to hack more curses to get
> there
> 4) Code is ugly, pull requests accepted!
Thanks, will check it out, all though I'm happy with mocp for now.