timidity can play midi, aplaymidi cannot thru timidity daemon

timidity can play midi, aplaymidi cannot thru timidity daemon

bdutta
Hi,

This is an Ubuntu 19.10 system. I installed timidity and timidity-daemon. When I play a midi file using timidity, it plays fine and I can hear it. However when I try to use aplaymidi, directing MIDI to the Timidity daemon, I get no sound. Checked this behaviour also with VMPK (Virtual MIDI Piano keyboard) and making connection. What gives ? How can I troubleshoot this ?

regards,