uTrack24

Atte
Hi all

Does anyone have experience with the uTrack24?

Specifically
1) thoughts on audio quality
2) works with Linux?
3) do you need a computer to have use it as 24 in 2 out with control over mix?

https://cymaticaudio.com/utrack24-productpage/

I was thinking pairing with a few of these (or similar) for 24 channels of modular into the computer

Re: uTrack24

rosea.grammostola

On 5/28/20 6:47 PM, Atte Jensen wrote:
Hi all

Does anyone have experience with the uTrack24?

Specifically
1) thoughts on audio quality
2) works with Linux?

Looks like it works on iOS. Afaik, it works on Linux too then.

3) do you need a computer to have use it as 24 in 2 out with control over mix?

https://cymaticaudio.com/utrack24-productpage/

I was thinking pairing with a few of these (or similar) for 24 channels of modular into the computer

Re: uTrack24

Atte
Thanks.

That's my guess as well.

I'm more worried about the work flow with computer. I expect it to be "stupid" about it, and just provide the 24 ins in jack. What I really need for it to work is at least be able to mix and use the stereo pair as master/stereo out to send to speakers. Would be awesome if *some* degree of ability to work like this without computer.

Would love to hear from someone who has tried it first hand :-)

Cheers

Atte

tor. 28. maj 2020 19.07 skrev rosea.grammostola <[hidden email]>:

On 5/28/20 6:47 PM, Atte Jensen wrote:
Hi all

Does anyone have experience with the uTrack24?

Specifically
1) thoughts on audio quality
2) works with Linux?

Looks like it works on iOS. Afaik, it works on Linux too then.

3) do you need a computer to have use it as 24 in 2 out with control over mix?

https://cymaticaudio.com/utrack24-productpage/

I was thinking pairing with a few of these (or similar) for 24 channels of modular into the computer

Re: uTrack24

Chris Caudle
On Thu, May 28, 2020 11:47 am, Atte Jensen wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with the uTrack24?

I do not have direct experience, but I looked into uTrack a couple of
years ago, and as I recall they do not operate as duplex, either input
only or output only.
That was not what I needed so I did not pursue purchasing one after that.
I thought I asked that in the forums and someone from Cymatic made that
clear.
I would check, but the cymaticaudio.com web site is not responding currently.

I am sure that the network interface option card is not duplex, but I
thought that applied to the USB interface as well.  The user manual may
have explicit information on that if the web site begins operating again.

--
Chris Caudle

Re: uTrack24

Chris Caudle
On Thu, May 28, 2020 3:57 pm, Chris Caudle wrote:
> I do not have direct experience, but I looked into uTrack a couple of
> years ago, and as I recall they do not operate as duplex, either input
> only or output only.

I found a cached version of  my question on the forums, and my memory was
NOT correct.  It seems that the network interface is not duplex, but the
USB interface to analog in/out is duplex:

"So if you are using Analog I/O or any other expansion card you’ll have
two direction (send and receive) if you are using the device in USB
interface mode, but this is not true for the AudioLan card (send OR
receive only)"

--
Chris Caudle