zita-jacktools help needed

vince

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install and use zita-jacktools, but unfortunately I don't get it to work.
https://media.ccc.de/v/lac2018-46-jacktools_realtime_audio_processors_as_python_classes

I managed to compile it and install it.
According to http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/zita-jacktools-available-now-td106280.html,
I needed also to compile zita-convolver 4.0.0 first, which I did, and which also went well.

I've done the following:

1. download and unpack:
- zita-audiotools
- zita-jacktools
- zita-jclient
- zita-convolver 4.0

2. make and install zita-jclient and zita-convolver:
- go to source, them make, then sudo make install

3. install zita-audiotools and zita-jacktools:
- go to folder, then python3 setup.py build
- then install with sudo python3 setup.py install

Now I can import jacktools in Python without errors. But if I try to use it OR to run an example file (e.g. tobspect.py like in the ccc video), I get the following error:

ImportError: libzita-jclient.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

In the nabble thread, a user said that zita-jclient is installed to
/usr/local/lib64, but zita-jacktools only included /usr/lib as the library path.

So I copied libzita-convolver and libzita-jclient from /usr/local/lib64 to /usr/lib, but I still get the same error message.

Does someone have any hint? I'm developing a open source Python application, where I really need fast and rock solid interpolation for the mixer faders, so I'd really love to use JackGainctl for this....

Here the full error message:
File "/media/sda7/Programming/Python/jacktooltest/main.py", line 3, in <module>
    from jacktools import jackkmeter
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/jacktools/jackkmeter.py", line 22, in <module>
    from jacktools.jackclient import JackClient
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/jacktools/jackclient.py", line 21, in <module>
    from jacktools import jackclient_ext
ImportError: libzita-jclient.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thank you for any help!

All the best,

Vince

Re: zita-jacktools help needed

Frank Neumann

Hi Vince,

> Now I can import jacktools in Python without errors. But if I try to use
> it OR to run an example file (e.g. tobspect.py like in the ccc video), I
> get the following error:
>
> ImportError: libzita-jclient.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory
>
> In the nabble thread, a user said that zita-jclient is installed to
> /usr/local/lib64, but zita-jacktools only included /usr/lib as the
> library path.
>
> So I copied libzita-convolver and libzita-jclient from /usr/local/lib64
> to /usr/lib, but I still get the same error message.

You likely forgot to update the shared loader's cache by running "ldconfig"
(as root). This is always necessary after installing new shared libraries.

Also, instead of copying the shared libraries from /usr/local/lib64 to /usr/lib64,
I suggest you add your /usr/local/lib64 path to the loader's search path
(perhaps by creating a new file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/, this is slightly
dependant on your distribution).

Greetings,
Frank